Tuesday, May 1, 2007

30 APR 2007

This is going to be long...

Starting somewhere in the middle as usual: We are at a hotel conference room/ballroom/pavilion type thing. Me and so many friends. All my best ones, and then some random people, too. Pat S, from ASB...she use to do Jenny Craig and I thought of her the other day when Valerie Bertenelli (I can say her last name bc she is famous anyway!) decided to go Kirstie Alley and do JCraig also. Anyway, Amy Liisa came and she had to fly in from California. (?) She said Kathy MADE ME! There were also a group of guys there, turns out this was like a bachelorette/bachelor party for Stephen and me. But we were already married, I think. So, all the girls are having to go to the bathroom, but no one wants to go to the ones there, they are gross like German bathrooms. And some didn't have doors on them.

Cut to a HUGE hotel room where everyone was crashed out on couches, beds, the floor. Just like a great big slumber party. Fade out and then back in again, and it's just me and Bill L. He said he had to take me somewhere so I could take a shower. I asked why I couldn't just take a shower there and he explained that he couldn't leave me alone because he was suppose to be watching me, but he had to go to the store and get something for his headache. Now, instead of saying my usual, "you want some Advil?" I said, " something like extra strength Tylenol?" He said no, the extra absorbant kind of tampons. WHAT?? He went into this huge discussion about it with me. He had gathered up some clean clothes for me and we got in the car to go. On the way, I asked, "so...how does this marriage thing work? I mean, sometimes I love Stephen so much I could just explode...OK, that sounded like we are 13. Is it suppose to be that way?" He said that if we are lucky and work hard, yes. It should be; it is for him and Lin.
OK. So we get to the "store". It is like a fast food restaurant, a convenience store and a sitdown restaurant all in one. As we walk through the parking lot, there are taco bell wrappers, cups, various trash everywhere. Like in piles! Then we walk in the door and there on the little carpet square in front of the door there are some chili dogs. ??? Don't step on the chili dogs!
We get inside and I go to find this shower (in telling him about it this morning, Stephen says, SO...it was a truck stop, then? I don't know). As I get toward the back there are some disgruntled employees and they are discussing how since the sitdown part was added, the whole place has gone downhill. People don't care, don't take pride in their work, etc. I start talking to them, telling them that it starts with them. They have to do what they can, no matter what anyone else does, or try to find something else. (Just don't call CPAC/CPOL/CPOC!!)

And then...I woke up.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Love the dream blog!

Amy J. said...

a-HA! I found the secret blog! J/k - just stumbled upon it from carrmumbles... I'm blushing cause you dreamed about me ;-)

BTW, this is AmyLiisa with the new last initial, in case you were wondering!!

Heather and Stephen said...

I knew it was you! :)