Monday, February 2, 2009

What are we doing here?

I decided to make this blog a little more useful. It was just for recording my dreams. And while I had a very interesting one Saturday night about me and a few friends poisoning someone in a hotel room with a very complex system of running the poison through the water (just to that person's room), that's not why we are here.

I'm here to start recording some things I'm doing to save a penny or two. Just good common sense, really, but things I never thought about. My friend KC just posted a week or so ago about price comparisons on milk. It was eye opening. I've never really considered the price of anything I buy at the grocery store/commissary. If someone asked me how much milk or bread or eggs cost, I couldn't even make an educated guess. Imagine my SHOCK to find out today that Hellman's mayonnaise is $4.49. That's almost FIVE DOLLARS for a jar of eggs, vinegar and oil! And then double that amazement and turn it to anger to find out...we ALREADY HAD a brand new unopened jar of it! ugh. Am I going to start making my own mayonnaise? Probably not. But cookies? $3 something a package? or whip up what you have in the cabinet?! I made 2 dozen giant chocolate chunk cookies (chocolate chunks were at the USO for a donation. I gave $1). I already had flour, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, etc. ta-da, $2 something saved!

Tune in next time for...well, I don't know what, but something money saving! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome idea for this blog!
And cute header!

Heather and Stephen said...

thanks! :)