Tuesday, February 10, 2009

THRIFTY!

I went to the Thrift Store today with my 14 items!

At the Trift Store on post you can take 14 items per day. Unless you are PCSing (permanent change of station=moving), then I don't know what the limit is. You can actually take that many every day, but I try to do it at least once per month. They keep 25%, and put the money back into the community through projects and scholarships. It's a pretty good deal. They also accept hand crafted items, so I have made some cards and sold a few of those as well. Cards...that's a whole other post!

You would not believe what you have hanging around your house that you don't need or want. You could keep dusting it, leave it in the closet/attic/basement, or you could sell it and listen to that change going jinga-linga-ling in your pocket! Maybe you don't have a Thrift Store with a plan like this one. Have a garage sale! Craig's List it. Or, save some pennies by trading some things with friends (books, clothes, dvds) new-to-you is still new!

OH, and on the way out, I picked up my check from last month. $18.75! :)

No comments: