Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Day Off

Well, I said I'd go as long as I could without skipping a day on the blog. Yesterday, I skipped a day. I'm going to use this as my springboard for today's "how to save a penny."

Sunday has traditionally been a day of rest. Here, in Germany, it very much is. Only the gas stations are open. Actually, I wouldn't be surprise to find one of those closed. Does that irritate me? Sometimes. Maybe I'd like to get some bread or flowers or ice cream down the street on a Sunday. But will the world keep on spinning if I don't? Yes.

The lesson here for those surrounded by stores open 7 days a week, and some open 24/7, is to take a day. At least one day each week, don't go in a store. Make it a little game if you need to. If all you were going to do today was "look around" at the mall or "window shop" try NOT. I don't know many people (myself included) who very often go in a store and not spend a penny. You didn't see anything you needed, but how about some gum on the way out? There's always something.

But if you don't need something specific you can put on a list, then there isn't any purpose for going in the store. So don't. That's your suggestion/tip/hint for the day. Just Don't Do It. ;)

No comments: