Thursday, February 5, 2009

5 calls to save big bucks! (or 3)

I saw this on the Today show. They had a list of 5 calls you can make to save money. Well...I tuned in late and only saw 3 of them. I tried to find it on the internet, but didn't. So, the ones I heard are:
1. Call your credit card companies and ask them to lower your interest rate. Mention the offers you've gotten in the mail if they are lower, compare with other cards you may have that you could transfer that balance to, etc. *my note: and pay those cards off ASAP...CUT THEM UP.

2. Call your car insurance company and update your information. You may be able to be underwritten at a lower rate if, for example, you now take public transportation more often, you don't let your teenager drive anymore, etc.

3. Call your cell phone provider and ask to add people to a friends and family plan. They are pretty liberal with who they allow on a shared plan. They don't want to lose your business, so they may be willing to work with you.

Another quick note from me...take a sick day every now and then so you can see programs like this on daytime television. :) (as long as you get paid sick days, that is).

No comments: