Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Job Situation

IRL, I applied for a new position with the Army Community Service. I am very on the fence about whether or not I really want it. The only reason is because I am not a job hopper. I feel like people have invested time and man hours in training me and getting me the gazillion passwords and accesses needed for my current position. However, the job possibility is back working with programs that help families, which is where my heart is, and it is in marketing/advertising/journalism where my education is. And it would be a pay increase as well as a career appt whereas my current job was gained by military spousal preference and thus does not carry career status (I know…it's convoluded!)
In dreamland, I was going to my interview with ACS (which I only get if I make the "list of candidates" chosen by the computer…also convoluted). I get there and it is complete pandemonium. Everyone is mad, a couple of people are crying. It appears that one of the Local Nationals (LN) who is an older lady is acting as a Mrs. Garrett (from Facts of Life) and she is suppose to be the "house mother" where some of the employees live. Gal is working at ACS and living at this house (but IRL there is no house where they live, but Gal does work there). Apparently she is crying because LN is in trouble for living on the economy and not in the house. She didn't mean to get LN in trouble, but Mr M, director of ACS is furious and yelling and stomping around. M, S, and D (friends of mine from ACS) are running around briefing everyone on what is going on, who is saying what and who is in trouble. Chris, who IRL is a victim advocate/ domestic abuse go to guy, is trying to keep everyone calm and keep the peace. I ask M, "should I come back tomorrow for my interview? Seems things are a little crazy just now." She says, "oh no, it'll all be fine, just wait a few minutes and it will blow over…"
So I did.

No comments: